Wed, Jan 17|
[Outdoor Learning Store Course] Winter Outdoor Learning Course: Nature Activities for Learners
Four-part course from EENC partner organization Outdoor Learning Store helping educators improve the nature activities they provide for learners. Register on their website.
Time & Location
Jan 17, 2024, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
About This Event
Session Dates & Themes:
- Wed, Jan 17: Connecting to Nearby Nature @ 7pm Eastern Time / 4pm Pacific Time
- Wed, Jan 24: Seasonal Nature Activities (for the year!) @ 7pm Eastern Time / 4pm Pacific Time
- Wed, Feb 7: A Pathway to Nature Connection @ 7pm Eastern Time / 4pm Pacific Time
- Wed, Feb 21: Creating Places and Spaces where Nature and People can Thrive @ 7pm Eastern Time / 4pm Pacific Time
Registrants will receive:
- Access to 4 Live Virtual Sessions
- Access to the recordings of all sessions (available for up to 3 months after)
- A Certificate of Completion
- 10% discount code towards helping access Outdoor Learning Resources, including the book, The Big Book of Nature Activities – A Year-Round Guide to Outdoor Learning
Jacob Rodenburg, Nature Sommelier, is an award-winning educator and Executive Director of Camp Kawartha, a summer camp and outdoor education centre. He is also an instructor in Environmental Education at Trent University. He has taught more than 100,000 students and is co-author of The Big Book of Nature Activities and The Book of Nature Connection.
Jade Berrill, our (also award-winning!) Director of Learning, has a vivaciousness for life that ignites everyone around her. With a BSc (1ST Class HONS) in Physical Geography and Environmental Chemistry and over 15 years experience teaching across 7 countries and 4 continents she is well accustomed to creating and delivering place-based workshops and offerings for educators and students alike.
Group / Organization Registration: We offer 10% off for groups of 10 or more who register together. You can use this discount code at checkout: UTWRQCTY
Course Recommended Resource: The Big Book of Nature Activities – A Year-Round Guide to Outdoor Learning. Course registrants will receive a $10 coupon that they can use towards accessing this, and other Outdoor Learning Resources, upon registration.