Mon, Jan 31|
Don't Waste It! Online Workshop
Don’t Waste It! is an educator guide to waste management, recycling, composting, and waste reduction, which includes 11 lessons covering five themes: municipal solid waste, recycling, plastics, composting, and landfills.
Time & Location
Jan 31, 2022, 8:00 AM – Feb 18, 2022, 8:00 AM
About This Event
Don’t Waste It! is an educator guide to waste management, recycling, composting, and waste reduction, which includes 11 lessons covering five themes: municipal solid waste, recycling, plastics, composting, and landfills. Don’t Waste It! is for both formal and non-formal educators with lessons for pre-K to 12th graders that can easily be adapted for adult audiences. Each lesson includes a group activity, independent practice, extensions, and additional activities. Build your solid waste and recycling content knowledge, get hands-on with the lessons, and receive a copy of Don’t Waste It! by completing the new virtual workshop!
- Help current and future educators better understand the systems for municipal solid waste, landfills, material recovery facilities, recycling, and composting in our state.
- Increase your confidence in teaching about solid waste and recycling topics.
- Equip you with activities and resources to teach students about these topics.
Format: This is an asynchronous online workshop.
- All activities must be completed independently on your own time/schedule within the 3 week timeframe. Actual time to complete the course will vary, but we estimate it will take approximately 6 hours.
- We will provide a suggested timeline and periodic reminders to encourage timely completion of assignments. While we want to be flexible, we also want these learning experiences to be meaningful and we think timely and periodic work in the courses will benefit participants more than trying to complete coursework at the last minute.
- Coursework includes watching videos, completing game-based activities and assessments, reading articles, posting on forums, and writing personal reflections.
Timeline: This cohort will begin January 31, 2022. Participants will have until February 18, 2022 to complete the course.
Earning Credit: This course qualifies for 6 hours Criteria I or Continuing Education Credit for EE Certification Program Enrollees, and may qualify for 0.6 CEU's
Registration: $10 for EENC members, $15 for general registration.